Maps of Tax Sale Properties Available Here
PICTOU, NS – Twenty-nine properties in rural Pictou County will be up for tax sale later this month.
The Municipality of Pictou County will hold its tax sale Feb. 26 beginning at 10 a.m. in its Administration Building at 46 Municipal Drive, Pictou.
Here is what you need to know before the sale takes place:
- All the properties in the tax sale are listed on the Municipality of Pictou County’s website and each have a map attached so people interested in a piece of property can see exactly where the land is located. Click here to view the property information and map.
- Anyone wishing to make a bid during the sale must pre-register contacting the Municipal office, PO Box 910, Pictou, NS. B0K 1H0, Phone 902-485-4311 or email email@example.com no later than 4:00 pm on Monday, February 25, 2019. (Please include your HST number if applicable).
When the sale begins:
- It is an “auction-style” sale so the property will go to the highest bidder. The order of the properties being sold is done in the order of districts.
- If bids are not received for properties, the land and/or dwellings will be held by the Municipality for a future sale.
- Vacant land and commercial properties will be subject to HST charges and the purchaser will be required to provide an HST registration number at the time of registration, prior to the sale.
Successful Bidders must:
- Be prepared to pay the rates and taxes, interest and expenses for property at the time of the sale. These amounts are listed in the advertisement. The balance of the purchase price, if any, is to be paid within three days of the sale. Payments can be made in cash, debit, certified cheque, money order, bank draft or lawyer’s trust cheque.
- The purchaser must comply with the required terms of payment or the sale of the respective property shall be considered to be null and void.