Council highlights from Jan. 7 meeting
The Municipality of Pictou County held its regular monthly meeting on Jan. 7, 2019 in Council chambers.
Highlights from the meeting include:
- Approval of a resolution supporting the installation of street lights at the intersection of John Campbell Road and Fraser’s Mountain Road.
- Approval of a resolution supporting the destruction of documents or records after they are no longer required for municipal purposes.
- The approval of the following Municipal Services Grant:
District 11 – Golden Glen Seniors Club - $500 for folding tables.
- The approval of the following Recreation Grants:
Kinsmen Club of New Glasgow Power Skate and Learn to Sledge - $915
Pictou Co. Rec and Athletic Society- $510
Hopewell 4H - $75
Hopewell and Area Park and Foot Bridge Committee - $75
- Adoption of a resolution supporting the stated position of Pictou Landing First Nation to honour the Boat Harbour Act and that the Boat Harbour Treatment Facility close as scheduled on Jan. 31, 2020.
- Accepted a letter from the Nova Scotia Department of Community Services regarding Council’s recommendation for Linda Priske to continue serving on the board of the Eastern Mainland Housing Authority as a representative for the Municipality of Pictou County.
- Adopted a Hospitality Policy that provides direction and guidance with respect to the appropriate expensing of necessary hospitality expenses that supports the Municipality’s objectives.