Internet Performance Test
To Take the Internet Performance Test Please Click Here:
What is the Internet Performance Test?
- A free tool that measures your Internet speed and service quality and gathers the results
- It helps plan broadband service for your region
- Developed by the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) and applied in partnership with i-Valley, a not-for-profit ‘smart region’ creator.
- Participating will ensure that the Internet speed and quality needs of your area will be known for planning purposes.
- You will help the County obtain a neutral view of the needs of the entire region, for network planning purposes.
What is required?
- Just go to this link and click on the “START” button. In 30 seconds, the test will be done. https://performance.cira.ca/pictou
- Take the test as often as possible, to show how results vary over time.
- Those without any Internet connection can go to a connected facility, browse to the Pictou IPT Web site, and click on “If you wish to inform us of a location without internet access, click here.”. They will then have the opportunity to place a pin on the map.
Is my information shared with other organizations?
- Your information is secure and private, known only to Pictou County, CIRA and i-Valley.
- A representation of the speed in your area will appear as a colour-coded reference on a map of the region, visible to you on the Test web site.
For additional information on the Municipality's Rural Internet and Cellular Coverage Project please visit our project page.